Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I have a dream

Suddenly this thing just came across my mind that it just can’t stop me from thinking. Well this is one of my wish or I should say hope. Going UK is like our Chen’s family tradition, Ku Ma was sent there for nursing and dad and his twin brother Tai Pak were also sent there for further studies. Since young, dad has been telling me to study harder so that I can go UK to study also. I was even sent to an international pre-school when I’m 4 years old. Unfortunately, I stopped after a year. Well I don’t know why but mum told me that dad got not enough money to pay for the fees and when I’m old enough to ask dad about it, he told me there was confusion when deciding whether to let me go for British course or American course so ended up not going for neither. All the while dad will talk about sending me to UK and during Chinese New Year when Ku Ma called from UK she will surely asked me when I am going to UK to study or to stay with her. After years when I finished my secondary school, dad was helping me to find college and every college he found must have something to do with UK, either they have their university in UK or the course is based on British education. Then I got into this Raffles Design Institute and dad is still mentioning whether I work first then save some pocket money for UK or he send me there and I find a part time job there in order to survive there, after I graduate from my advance diploma.

Now dad has never mention about UK anymore since I’ve graduated and Ku Ma too when she came back for CNY in February. Maybe because of them, I got this hope in myself. They’ve given up but not me. I have not figure out a plan yet till last week. I said to myself “I need to start saving money, no more clothes, no more shoes!” *sobs* and get an amount of money from mum and dad then I’ll get myself a one-way flight ticket to UK, get myself a cheapo room, work as a waitress for awhile while looking for a job that I want, be successful and come back to Malaysia or if I don’t, at least I need to earn big money to buy a house for mum. It doesn’t have to be a big one but I wanna give her a luxury life. Or maybe I’ll get a PR there and bring mum over.

When I told this to baby, he was quite upset. Well I did asked him to go with me *if I’m really going*, there’s so many Toni&Guys in UK and other well-known salons. But he’s going to open his own salon by next year so how can he go away with me. But I really want this to REALLY happen, I don’t care how long it takes I don’t care!

2 comments:

binnythebunnybee said...

to be honest ...dont think of anybody back here...its your future..you have to decide urself...dont because of somebody u dont wanna leave and things..just like me..i lost one chance before...if not i m already in australia...long long time ago..so you had to appreciate and do whatever when the chance comes..when its gone its really gone...you will understand what i say dear..i hope you know that...

love
bin

Anonymous said...

heyyyy.
i'll support your decision if you ever want to go to UK. (:

hugs, joan.