Friday, August 08, 2008

When you're given too many choices


After 3 holiday trips-I just came back from Langkawi last week and was busy going for interviews and job hunting.Because of all the trips I needed to get a job a.s.a.p coz I'm broke!

I got this job,working for a company that help WWF in fundraising.Going to start work this coming monday and I'm going Kuantan for this so I won't be around the whole week next week.

And when I text dad asking money for my rental he asked about my wanna-be cabin crew latest news.Then he told me he got this friend who was a ex-cabin crew in MAS,who can help me in that.Obviously I told him the disadvantages of working with MAS because I know a few people who actually quit MAS.But he insisted he said no harm trying so I'm meeting him tomorrow for lunch then we go and meet that lady.

Then just this afternoon mum called.She said if I really wanna get my degree she will pay for it only if it is in Malaysia.Getting my degree is always on top of my list even now I wanna work is because of that also.But...after all the interviews I went to,people were like asking "what does fashion marketing and management do?design or marketing or management?" and some are even more rude asking me "why you study fashion got marketing one?what does marketing has to do with fashion?" with that kinda tone as if I am just wasting their time.

I actually thought of getting a degree in Public Relation,maybe in other college.But mum asked me whether when I get my degree is it easier for me to get a higher paid job or easier to get promoted.If I can get jobs easily now then no need to waste time getting a degree or I can get it in the future at Open University or something.

Then last night I got an email from AirAsia.They got online recruitment for cabin crew.I applied and now waiting for reply.I know..a lot of people were saying cabin crew is just like waitress,the only difference it is on the aircraft high above the skies and many people think cabin crew is cheap and all that but I think all this is based on personalities and what are their purpose in working as a cabin crew.

I'm stuck!

1 comment:

韦琪 said...

hey dear... pls dun care wat ppl say about stewardess job ok.. i've been there and done that...u r still young should go n try... but honestly if u ask my opinion if u really treat working as a cabin crew ur lifetime job, then choose an airline where u can grow with... if u just wanna have fun for few year also choose an airline then travel around the world not just fly there and fly back... Honestly i'm not looking down on budget airline, their pay is much much better than MAS, but the disadvantage is u dun have a chance to visit the world and stay in 5 star hotel for FREE... and for the ex-mas aunty, now MAS is freezing all the narrowbody crew to go up widebody, which means my fren and all are stuck for almost 4 year, where they only fly boeing 737 and airbus 330... so max pay will be RM 3500 is u r lucky and if u r *ahem* bumi(no offence) and the lowest it can be only RM 2000.. so babe think properly before u make any decision ya...!!!! take care